To control our rover we have our standard controllers. Last year we used a modified ps2 controller with a PiZeroW inside. This enabled us to remotely send packets through the WiFi. This was a relatively easy way of remotely driving the rover. However, it had some flaws. Firstly, because it used the WiFi hotspot that we had to carry around, it meant that the TCP packets would have to first be sent to the hotspot over WiFi, then to the rover over WiFi, and data was sent back through the same path. With lots of other 2.4GHz traffic on the spot at times we had latency of up to second or two! So, this year we are planning to cut the corner, and connect a controller directly to the rover. The way we will do this is with a (knockoff) PS3 controller, connected via Bluetooth to the rover. This is way better because there would be far less points in the packets route, and because its more direct, it should have a shorter travel time, meaning less delay. Also, there is no three way acknowledgement TCP robustness relies on. YAY! So we set to work on coding this. First we had to connect controller to (the pair to) the Raspberry Pi. Then we, needed to make some code to actually utilise the controller connected in /dev/input/js0; the place that any Bluetooth/USB/Wired controller would connect to. Because on the modified PS2 controller with a PiZeroW we connected the controller inputs on the RPi in a similar way, to still appear as a controller on /dev/input/js0, we could easily just transfer the code. All that was needed was to knock off a few lines to disable the s1306 screen, because they were not needed, and just patch up the code to work with this controller. All was working, but we noticed a problem. All the inputs were really delayed, with the delay increasing by the minute. Something wasn't right.